Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Work: "Fire Flowers"



I finished a small painting today, one I started in April. That's it in the picture: "Fire Flowers." It's not large, only 6 x 8 inches, but I like how it turned out. Slowly, slowly I seem to be getting some momentum going with the art.

I would like to build up some inventory and try to sell some of my work at an arts/crafts show in the fall, at the Great Swamp Conservancy Fall Migration Festival in Canastota, NY. I'd have to concentrate on my more nature-themed work, with the leaves and flowers motifs, but that's okay. I need to start somewhere, and that would be a friendly, unintimidating place to begin. It's a juried show (they'd have to approve my work before granting my application for booth space). I think it would be great fun, and a good learning experience for me. I'll be doing my homework to get ready for it. There's an awesome extended thread on Etsy regarding how to prepare for, present, and sell at craft and art shows. Some way, somehow, I would love to be able to turn my art into a real second income for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment