Friday, July 23, 2010

Rain, Beautiful Rain



It's raining today, beautiful, soft, warm summer rain. It's put me in the mood to share some of my favorite music with you. Enjoy!


Hallelujah, grace like rain
falls down on me;
Hallelujah, all my stains
are washed away, are washed away.
From "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew


Let every creature in the sea and every flying bird
Let every mountain, every field and valley of the earth
Let all the moons and all the stars in all the universe
Sing praises to the living God, who rules them by His word
Hallelujah, glory be to our great God!
Hallelujah, glory be to our great God!
From "Our Great God" by Mac Powell and Fernando Ortega



Caught in a summer rain,
I don't run for cover,
Stand out in the shower.
Rain runnin' over me!
I could stay for hours.

And though the sky is dark,
and there's a shadow on the land,
the rain comforts me -
it is the touch of His hand.

I feel his love pouring down over me,
warm healing waters that set me free.
Safe in the arms of eternity,
held by the wonder and mystery -
over me, over me, over me.

Lord knows I'm not dreaming,
it's real what I'm feeling -
mercy flowing down,
a rainbow of new meaning.

And there's a hole inside:
is there someone up above?
So now I open my heart
in the shower of His love.

I feel His love pouring down over me,
warm healing waters that set me free.
Safe in the arms of eternity,
held by the wonder and mystery.

Over me, over me,
He poured out his life over me,
Over me, over me,
I have faith.

So now I open my heart
in the shower of His love.

I feel his love pouring down over me,
warm healing waters that set me free.
Safe in the arms of eternity,
held by the wonder and mystery -

Over me,
Oh Lord I do believe
that you gave, gave it all
over me.

Love is pouring down over me,
I feel his mercy flowing over me.
Oh the wonder and mystery,
how his love pours over me....

"Over Me" by White Heart

2 comments:

  1. I love this series of flowers glistening with rain drops. Well done!

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! I love photographing my garden, and places I visit.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete