Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall allergies


It's a beautiful Friday morning in October, and I feel like somebody rolled my eyeballs in fine grit. I've had seasonal allergies my whole life, but fall is always the worst time, because I'm allergic to the mold the proliferates on soggy fallen leaves.  We had rain most of last week, it was very windy yesterday, and the leaves (and mold spores) are a-flyin' everywhere.  Yuck-o to the allergies - sinus drainage, watery eyes, gritty eyeballs, coughing, and disrupted sleep.  But, I'm grateful that it's always a temporary thing.  After a few good hard frosts (which are very late this year), the worst of the symptoms will subside.  I joke that the only month I'm NOT suffering from allergies is February, but that's not really true, since I'm also allergic to dust, and central heating circulates that quite nicely.  Thank goodness for HEPA filters in the air cleaner, and Claritin.

 It's a beautiful day today (did I say that already? - after a gray, rainy week, the bright sun is a revelation), so once our daughter gets on the bus in a few minutes, my husband and I will have that rarest of things, a breakfast date.  He's taken the day off (another rare occurrence).  The rest of the day will include house cleaning, laundry, yard work, and baking cookies, since my aunt and uncle will be visiting over the weekend.  They live in West Virginia, so we don't get to see them that often.  They're RVing, and stopping here on their way back from Canada and New England.  It's always good to see them, and I'm looking forward to their visit.



Our son almost missed the bus this AM.  He didn't set his alarm, I didn't set mine, and I woke up at 6:50.  His bus comes at 7:05!  But, to his credit, he was up, dressed, breakfasted, and out the door just before the bus rolled around the corner.  I would have taken him to school, but he much prefers to ride the bus.  See, he can move quickly when he wants to!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the two of you are having breakfast together after a slap-dash start to the morning. You're right, that boy CAN move when he wants to!! ;)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete