Monday, October 18, 2010

To sleep, perchance to (not) dream

I think I'd love a night without any dreams.  Just good, sound, restful sleep, for at least 7 connected hours.  Can I get an amen?  I've got too much on my mind and my heart, and my seasonal allergies aren't helping.  I'm hoping and praying for a killing frost later this week, to start cutting down on some of the mold and pollen giving me such trouble.

My three favorite people,
looking at the ducks and gigantic trout in the pond.


This weekend was our son's birthday - where does the time go?  He had a bowling party with some friends and cousins, and had a great time.  He also received the present he's been asking for, his own MP3 player.  He's loving it, especially since we also gave him a couple new CDs, and his aunt gave him an iTunes gift card.  He's looking so much like a young man, it takes me aback sometimes when I see him out of the corner of my eye.  I'm still not quite expecting this hulking preteen to be my little boy.  (He's almost as big as his father in the picture above - yikes!  He's just 12!)  He's out with his Dad right now, on a mission to Target to spend a gift card and some money he got for his birthday.  I wonder what he'll come home with?  I'm guessing something music or electronics related.


This weekend we also took a drive to look at the last bright leaves of the season.  It always catches me by surprise, the day I realize that most of the leaves are on the ground, and the trees are looking bare.  We've had a lot of wind and rain, so the colorful peak leaf-peeping time was cut short.  Still, there are bright swaths to be found, and pretty scenes if you keep your eyes open.  We stopped at a pond with a fountain yesterday, and I captured some good images.

I love the fountain in this pond.  I've photographed it before.  Catching it with the setting sun lighting up that orange maple was a real treat.
There's another pond down the hill behind this pond, so you can see the reflection of more water behind the tree and gazebo in this shot - I like the effect.  I could sit and watch the light and reflections on the water for hours.  Someday, if I could, I would love to live directly on a lake, where I could see the sun setting across the water.  Sometimes dreams do come true.  I think I'll hold on to this one, since it's within the realm of possibility.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I know that pond well!! :)

    ReplyDelete