Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Lights

 'Tis the season for lights!  I'll get a night picture soon.

Time for the annual ritual of the Christmas lights!  It was cold today, but dry and not windy, so my husband and I dug out the lights and got to work.  After a couple false starts (first because the fuse for the outdoor outlet was blown, and then discovering that several strands I'd already wound around the railing were duds) we got the lights put out.  I'm happy with the results - pretty and eyecatching.  I love Christmas lights.  I look forward to them every year, both on our house and around town.  They're so cheerful, especially if we've had a few inches of snow to brighten up the nights.

The "garland" and door greenery are the remnants of our juniper trees, which my husband cut down a couple weeks ago.  Recycling is good, right?  Add a few dollar store bows and some lights, and it's the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment