Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland


Walkin' in a winter wonderland. . . .  Yes, it sure looks like that here today!  The lake effect machine has slowed down now, but we got enough overnight that the kids got a snow day today.  (Well, a half day - they were supposed to have early dismissal anyhow, and I think when the other districts went for delays, it wouldn't have made sense for our district to bus the kids to school for an hour then send them home again.)  Needless to say, the kids are delighted with their first official snow day.
 
I'm just doing household stuff this afternoon - cleaning bathrooms (yuck!) and doing laundry (bleargh!) and making cookies (yay!).  Every time I sit down, our little old lady cat Sophia wants to be on me, either in my lap or on my shoulders.  She finally decided to leave me to do my stuff when one of the kids dropped a fleecy sweatshirt on the floor - she promptly took it over, curled up in it, and is off in cat dreamland.  I don't have the heart to disturb her, so I'll leave her to her warm kitty dreams and take care of that sweatshirt later.

I think I'll do Christmas cards later, too.  I do some every year, although not as many now as I used to.  I find doing the cards to be relaxing, and a fun way to touch people at the holidays.  One of my sisters always does a very nice Christmas newsletter from her family, but I've never mustered the energy to condense a year's worth of events into a single page, while being cheerful, humorous, and joyful all at the same time.  More power to my sister, and I always look forward to her family Christmas letter (even though we talk often enough that nothing in the letter is news to us, lol).


Molly decided to investigate the Christmas tree last night.  Thankfully, none of our cats is destructive about the tree, although when B.C. was younger he used to routinely steal ornaments.  There was one ornament, a satiny/lacy stuffed dove, that he took off the tree several times each year, so we learned to hang it low for him to reach without knocking anything else off the tree.  We still put it down low for him, although he hasn't gone for it the past couple years.  Maybe I'll put some catnip on it this year, to bring him some Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment