Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dodging Germs As Fast As I Can

 It was busy at the feeder yesterday - Molly was enthralled.

It's flu season, and I'm dodging germs as fast as I can.  Clorox wipes, hand disinfectant, antibacterial soap - I'm armed and dangerous.  And, while it's probably futile to think I'll avoid every bug going around, if I can avoid even one I'll be happy.  I would really, really like to avoid the flu that took out our daughter a couple days ago.  So far, so good, but we'll see what this week brings.  My husband is under the weather now, although thankfully he doesn't seem to have any inclination to lose his lunch.  The jury is still out on our son.  I definitely hope he doesn't get the flu - vomiting is one of the all-time worst things for him to be sick with, a sensory nightmare.  Stay tuned for updates from the germ warfare front.


On a positive note, I'm still working right along on my quilt.  In fact, I think I'll grab some time this afternoon, right after I make a fresh pot of decaf.  I'm really enjoying the hand-quilting process.  I'm stitching a leaf in the middle of each square, freehand.  All kinds of leaves, mostly from trees, although a few other garden plants have snuck in as well (clover, and rose leaves).  I haven't decided how to handle the border yet - but I'm thinking I'll opt for a simple straight line defining the edge of the blue fabric.  By the time I finish those dozens and dozens and dozens of leaves, I won't want to do MORE leaves all the way around the edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment