Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plate of Spaghetti

Have you ever tried to untangle a bowl of cooked spaghetti?  I feel like that's my life task lately.  Every time I pull one noodle, a half dozen others come along with it.  I can't tell which end is which.  They tend to slip out of my grasp.  And it's a messy job.  I need to make a list for every day now - who goes where, when they need to be there, what they need to bring, who's driving whom to/from wherever, and what needs to be done at home and on the go.  It doesn't help that I've been a space cadet for the past several weeks and more.  My focus is erratic, my memory is patchy, and my equilibrium is shot.  Thyroid?  Perimenopause?  Stress?  All of the above?  One day at a time, one day at a time (oops just dropped a noodle), one day at a time. . . .

I'm getting together my ideas for the two commissions I have for our former church, and going down to meet with my friend Tamara about the projects tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to the drive and the fellowship, the ideas and the inspiration. I'll also get to visit one of my sisters while I'm down there, which will be great.


I finally took the step of asking for all of my work to be returned to me from The Lemon Tree gift shop.  They're lovely people, with a great business, but my items just aren't selling there.  Hopefully we can tie up everything and get the stuff shipped back to me in the next week or so.   Then I can restructure my Etsy shop and reopen it, and also take some items over to Hartsville Hollow.  Small steps, but I have to keep moving on.

We're getting a break in the rainy streak, and I'm going to go out and try to get more of my winter sown annuals planted.  Zinnias, cosmos, and others are waiting for their "forever homes," so I'd better get busy.  I'm trying to keep one jump ahead of all my chores this week, with mixed success.  Today's to do's:  ironing (not done yet), and steam mopping the downstairs tile and wood (done), then general kitchen cleanup, pet care, son to Boy Scouts and daughter to final chorus concert (at the same time, of course).  Wheee!

3 comments:

  1. i know your "wheee" is tongue-in-cheek, but i'm saying an honest-to-goodness "wheee!!" for working together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splurge on a nice personal organizer and a great pen. It will make keeping track of your minions and their schedules feel a little more special and not so much like modern day slavery. lol

    I was out transplanting zinnias today, too. Sunflowers AND my new hydrangea! I've been waiting for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tamara, I can't wait to work with you again! See you later today!

    @Blondee, I've got to do something. Problem is, I'd probably lose the organizer, lol. I did spend time in the garden yesterday - planting zinnias, among other things, which was a good distraction. I'm glad your hydrangea arrived - it will be gorgeous when it blooms.

    ReplyDelete