Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Thursday


Random comment 1:  I went to an aquatics store today, one that specializes in ponds and koi, but also carries all sorts of tropical fish as well.  The owner is quite a character.  I spent almost an hour there, looking at his setup and his fish and supplies, and listening to him talk.  And talk.  And talk.  He definitely knows his stuff, and his fish stock were well cared for and reasonably priced, so it wasn't like I didn't enjoy seeing his store, but I could tell he was quite happy to have someone to talk to.  Anyone.  It's a good thing I didn't have to be anywhere else quickly!

Random comment 2:  The weather has been totally schizo this week.  It was around 92 two days ago, and it's in the mid 60s today.  We went from humid and stiflingly still, to so windy the trees looked like they were doing aerobics.  Now we've got a frost advisory for tonight.  Really??  And what's with the ultra-high pollen count?  My car is coated with a greenish-yellow dust, and my sinuses are in full-scale revolt.  I'd welcome a brief rain to wash the air, except that we had 15 inches of rain last month, and it's nice to have dry weather and not sink up to my ankles in the back yard.  I guess I can't have it all.

Random comment 3:  I finished the painting for Union Center Christian Church.  Sometime next week I'll be down there delivering it, bringing the other paintings and ceramics for the show, and getting the mosaic design drawn on the framed board.  That will be a BUSY day, but I'm looking forward to it, as well as to visiting there on June 12th to help with the mosaic project.  My first one-woman art show - I still can hardly believe it!  I hope they like the painting - at least, I hope that more people at UCCC enjoy it and approve of it than dislike it and think the church wasted their money.  I hope they take the blessing of the art in the way it was meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment