Monday, September 5, 2011

New Paintings, and Teddy Bears

 'Binary Sunset' acrylic painting, 11 x 14, August 2011.

I've got a handful of projects spinning around in my mind lately.  I've got two new paintings, and one almost finished.  I've got all the materials to make Christmas ornaments (wooden ones, not ceramic at this time).  And, I've been making small teddy bears - something I've done off and on since college. 

The paintings are more of my abstract designs over color studies - one in greens, one in fall russets and golds, and one in red shading into cobalt blue.  I think one will go to Hartsville Hollow, and the other two will end up in my Etsy shop.

I haven't started the ornaments yet - that's next in the creative queue.  I made some the past couple years, and they sold well.  I'm trying a different approach this year (using spray paint for the base color, and dimensional craft paint for the designs, to give them more texture).  We'll see how that turns out.



Finally, I realized that I have lots of fabric left from various craft projects over the years, and trims and lace and ribbon - most of the materials, in fact, to make my little bears.  All I had to do was buy polyfil and beads for eyes/noses.  My main investment is time.  I'm going to try to sell these at Hartsville Hollow, but I haven't decided if I want to put them up on Etsy.  They certainly don't fit with anything else in my shop.  But they are cute, if I do say so myself.  I've given them as gifts over the years, and made them in many sizes, but I like the little bears the best.  They're a comparatively quick, low-stress project, and I'm so familiar with them I can practically make them in my sleep.  Hopefully they'll sell well for the holidays.

 The first six bears - I've got a dozen more cut out and ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you stopped by from Blog Gems... I enjoyed your vision here:-)

    ReplyDelete