Saturday, February 23, 2013

How Can It Be 11 Years?

The Princess and the Bad Cat, January 2013.

I can't believe it, but it will be eleven years tomorrow since our daughter was born.  She couldn't wait for her scheduled c-section, but decided she wanted to enter the world a day early.  When she was born, her first howl could be heard down the hallway to where my parents and one of my sisters waited.  My sister turned to my Mom and said, "She has your lungs!"  (My Mom is famous for her lovely singing voice, and for her amazing volume when she needed to get our attention, call us home on a long summer evening, or chew us out.)  Not much has changed since then! 

I have so many good memories of our Princess:  as a pretty baby with big blue eyes, an adorable dandelion-fluff-haired blonde toddler, a talkative little pony-tailed girl, and now as a smart, kind and headstrong young lady.  Now she's crazy about horses, pets and dragons, has lots of equally smart/goofy/chatty fifth grade friends, loves to read, and wants to be a vet tech specializing in equine medicine.  I think there's every chance she'll realize that last dream.

It's going to be a wild ride through the teen years with her, and I hope and pray she makes good choices.  I worry about how the world will treat her.  I love it that she'll still sit next to me with her head on my shoulder, just resting while we travel or watch TV.  I hope she never outgrows that.

2 comments:

  1. That picture captures her personality pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to her. Hope it's a wonderful year of memorable growth, friendship and happiness.

    ReplyDelete