Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baking Therapy

The Princess has had a rough week, so today I'm letting her do some solo baking.  She asked to make cinnamon rolls, so she's busy proofing the yeast and getting ready to fill the house with cinnamon-y scented goodness.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here, with a dusting of snow, lights on the bushes outside, the Christmas tree up and lit in the family room, and the fragrance of baking filling the air.

Safety guy is watching 'A Christmas Story' for the first time this season (he watches it several times at least each year - just now, the Bumpus's dogs stole the holiday turkey).  I may ask him to put in 'Elf' later.  My personal favorite Christmas shows are the ones I grew up watching - 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas,' and 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' - as well as the 'Muppet Christmas Carol.'  The sounds of the season, familiar as old friends.

I'm in holiday baking mode, and we have two family Christmas get-togethers to prepare for, one next weekend and one on Christmas Day.  The homemade gifts are almost done, most of my holiday shopping is done, and I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping the holiday low-key this year.  I want to enjoy time with family and friends with minimum stress over the holiday prep work.  I hope you're having a pleasant holiday in your home as well.  Enjoy what's really important:  time with the people you love.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment